All city facilities are closed to the public. This includes City Hall, Fire Hall, Four Seasons Sports Complex and the Public Library.
City staff will continue to provide essential city services. You are encouraged to connect with city staff through the city website, phone and email.
If you have business that is time-sensitive and must be conducted in person, call or email to make an appointment. City staff will do their best to accommodate your request.
City Contact Information:
Fax : 218-384-3467
Regarding the use of parks, trails and open
spaces, we encourage all users to follow these recommendations from NRPA (National Recreation and Park Association):
from using parks or trails if you are
• Follow CDC’s (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
• Prepare for limited access to public restrooms or water fountains.
• While on trails, warn other users of your presence and as they pass, and step aside to let others pass.
• Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings including outdoor picnicking, pick-up sports and other group hangouts, and maintain proper physical distance at all times.
• Observe CDC’s minimum recommended social distancing of 6 feet from other individuals at all times. If this is not possible, users should find an alternate location or depart that space.
Date: March 24, 2020
Contact: Carlton County Coordinator Dennis Genereau, Jr.
(218) 384-9141 cell: (218) 576-7654 or Dennis.Genereau@co.carlton.mn.us
CARLTON, Minn. – Carlton County Board of Commissioners passed a resolution declaring Carlton County
in a state of peacetime emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic event effective March 23, 2020 and is adding additional service delivery modifications to protect staff and the public.
These new temporary service modifications will be in effect 8:00 am March 24th until further notice
During this time, we will continue delivering many of our services through alternate means and will be working to design new ways of delivering services that currently depend on face-to-face contact.
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
310 Chestnut Ave.
Carlton, MN 55718
South Terrace fourth graders created these wonderful posters to help educate about ground water and drinking water. See how everyone can protect our drinking water.
Inflow and Infiltration Compliance Ordinance